10 Top Tips to Help you Succeed
Like many things, blogging is far more complex than it sounds. Writing any old blog post and creating a successful business blog are two completely different things.
If you want a blog to help you secure success online, you will want your business blog to drive traffic to your website, elevate your brand and build your SEO.
To make your business blog a success, the first thing you will need to do, is to write with purpose. Blogs are one of the most popular content marketing tools that are easy for just about any business owner to set up.
All you need to do is add a blog to your website and start writing – or so you thought. The World Wide Web is busier than ever and its exponential growth shows no sign of stopping.
With just about every business launching their own business blog, it is easy to see why it is essential to blog savvy.
How do you do blog with purpose? Here are 10 top tips you can use to make your business blog a success.
10 Top Tips to Make your Business Blog a Success
- Know your niche: Your blog serves a number of purposes, all centred around attracting your target market to your website and keeping them there. In order for your target market to want to read your content, you need to ensure you are writing about things they want to read. Research your competitors and use keyword tools to help you uncover the type of content your target audience likes then ensure your writing stays focused on what your market wants rather than what you want to write.
- Blog often: There is nothing worse than disappointment and unless you commit to blogging frequently, you won’t see the results you want. Blogging works because it adds interest to your website whilst building your website SEO (search engine optimisation) in a number of ways. If you don’t blog regularly, you won’t reap either of these benefits.
- Keep your content relevant and fresh: Both your blog visitors and website SEO (search engine optimisation) depend on fresh content. Your content needs to be able to keep your returning customers interested and satisfied. It should also continue to build your website SEO in a strategic way. Create a content strategy to help you plan your content and ensure your blogs remain focused and interesting.
- Utilise keywords: If you want to have a blog that delivers a return on investment, you’ll need to learn how to use keywords. Find a keyword tool you like and use it to help you generate relevant keywords that are guaranteed to draw the right users to your website.
- Promote on social: It is easy to think that the work is done once you post your blog but it isn’t. Use your social media accounts to drive traffic to your blog and therefore your website. Promote your blog on your social media accounts as well as in newsletters and underneath your email signature. Remember to include a direct link to the blog post and invite your followers to comment at the end of the blog. You can also use things like Instagram stories to help to draw attention to the fact that you have just posted a new blog.
- Allow comments: Enable your website visitors to interact with you via your blog. Turn the comments feature on and invite your readers to leave a comment underneath each blog. Don’t forget to leave a reply to any comments you receive.
- Longer lengths: Longer blog posts deliver a higher ROI. Aim to establish yourself as an authoritative voice in your industry and write content that is high in value. Include longer blog posts of around 1000, 2000 and even 3000 words, where you can explore a subject in greater depth and garner a hearty boost for your website SEO.
- Capture new visitors: Your blog should bring plenty of new visitors to your site. Don’t let visitors leave without collecting their email address so you can add them to your mailing list. A register for email popup or link to your home page is vital if you want to turn these new visitors into customers.
- Enjoyable to read: Ensure what you write is enjoyable to read. From using plenty of spacing to adding attractive images and sharing a little of yourself, think about how enjoyable your posts are from the point of view of your reader. Text that is too small and a voice that is too impersonal will be an immediate turn off so make sure your blog is both entertaining and easy to read.
- Delegate: Research shows that blogging can deliver a high return on investment but it takes time, expertise and energy to do it properly. As the UK or Ireland small business owner composing blog posts is not your biggest priority so don’t be afraid to let someone else do it for you. Keyword research, content strategies, proofreading and SEO do require a level of skill so don’t just hand over your blog to anyone.
Give the task of managing your blog writing to someone who knows how to deliver the results you want. If you need help with your business blog or other aspects of your online business, get in touch with us today.
We provide a complete range of digital services for small business websites across the UK and Ireland.
From social media management to business blogs, web design, SEO and website management, we offer an extensive choice of digital solutions to ensure your online business grows.
To discuss how we can help your business, get in touch with us today on: +353 870 976872 / +44 7918 902904 or send us a message.